The DGM Technical Committee Materialography in Internet runs the Website www.matnet.info , which provides information and a straightforward forum for discussion about materialography. This covers all microscopic characterization techniques, imaging and quantitative description of complex, three-dimensional microstructures as well as the required preparation. Visitors may share their own skills and experience in the preparation database PETziDAT and the discussion forum.
The website provides for instance:
- PETziDAT: An interactive, easy to handle database with recipes for preparation and etching from different laboratories. Visitors may add their own recipes, permitting PETziDAT to grow. It is intended to be an encyclopedia and a place to share information.
- Discussion forum: Visitors may post their problems and will get replies from other members. One can benefit from the experience of the entire community.
- Image Analysis: Own micrographs may be analyzed quantitatively with an online tool.
- Market place: List of companies that offer products and services in the field of materialography.
- Links: Editorial-guided list of professional links in the field of materialography.
- Dates and reports: conference-reports and announcement of interesting events.