22 – 25 February 2015, Kongresshotel Potsdam, Germany
Based on the successful events held in 2012 and 2014 in Potsdam the scope of this conference is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for the discussion of novel developments and trends in the field of bio-inspired materials research.
Accordingly, the whole spectrum of biological materials will be covered. Topics will encompass the formation mechanisms as well as the characterization of complex-shaped and hierarchically structured multifunctional materials present in living nature. Based on this, a further key topic will be the consideration of these architectures as archetypes for the generation of novel functional materials with an expanded property spectrum.
We invite you to submit your contributions with regard to materials synthesis and design inspired by biological principles and structures. The conference will address Bio-inspired materials based on organic and/or inorganic phases including their mechanical, optical, electronic and magnetic properties as well as actuated systems. Further discussions will be dedicated to materials, which display their function in contact with biological systems, e. g. tissues. Moreover, theoretical modelling of the formation, structure and properties of biological and bio-inspired materials will play a main role.
- The program will comprise several invited plenary lectures as well as oral and poster presentations.
- A session related to the priority program 1420 (Biomimetic Materials Research: Functionality by Hierarchical Structuring of Materials) of the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft will be included.
- The conference will accommodate a Winter School of the Priority Program 1569 (Generation of Multifunctional Inorganic Materials by Molecular Bionics).
The deadline for abstracts is 5th November 2015.
Please submit your abstract via the conference homepage: http://bioinspired.inventum.de/home/
The programme will be developed by the Programme Committee in consultation with an International Advisory Board.
- Peter Fratzl, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany (Chairman of the Conference)
- Joachim Bill, University of Stuttgart, Germany (Co-Chairman of the Conference)
- Andreas Bührig-Polaczek, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Zaklina Burghard, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Helmut Coelfen, University of Konstanz, Germany
- Michaela Eder, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany
- Claudia Fleck, Technical University Berlin, Germany
- Sanislas N. Gorb, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Germany
- Yael Politi, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam
- Gulia Santomauro, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Dirk Schüler, Universität Bayreuth, Germany
- Thomas Speck, Botanic Garden of the University of Freiburg, Germany
- Cordt Zollfrank, Technische Universität München, Germany
An exhibition will be run throughout the whole conference. Coffee breaks and poster sessions will be held close to the exhibition area. Are you interested in supporting the Euro Bio-inspired 2016 conference and in presenting your company/institute? Please feel free to contact us for any questions or proposals regarding your company’s presentation.
Join us and inform yourself on the latest rapidly developing bio-inspired materials science!
We are looking forward to welcoming you in February 2016 in Potsdam!
Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany
University of Stuttgart
Postfach 20 07 14
53137 Bonn (Germany)
T +49 (0) 151 2122 7448