We would kindly like remind and invite you to submitt an abstract to the 4th International Symposium on Fatigue Design and Material Defects from 26 – 28 May 2020
in Potsdam, Germany.
Material defects such as non-metallic inclusions, pores, micro-shrinkages etc. play a crucial role in fatigue crack initiation and propagation which in turn has significant consequences for structural integrity in terms of lifetime, fatigue strength and other characteristics of cyclically loaded components. The main objectives of the symposium are to improve the understanding of the mechanisms and the impact of defects on structural integrity, and to work out measures to improve the fatigue properties of materials and components. To that purpose presentations are welcome which address the according topics.
- Z. Benk, Robert Bosch GmbH, Germany - Material defect related fatigue design of automotive components: challenges and solutions
- S. Beretta, Politecnico di Milano, Italy - More than 20 years of extreme value statistics for defects: fundamentals, developments and recent applications
- M. D. Chapetti, University of Mar del Plata, Argentina - Fracture mechanics models for fatigue design and small defect assessment
- F. Morel, ENSAM Angers, France - Microstructure and size effects on multiaxial HCF behavior of defective metallic materials
- Y. Murakami, Professor Emeritus, Kyushu University, Japan - Quality Control of Machine Components based on Fatigue Performance related to Material Defects
- S. Münstermann, RWTH Aachen, Germany - Modelling the effect of impurities on incubation and short crack growth
- Y. Nadot, Université de Poitiers – ISAE-ENSMA, France - Fatigue from defect: influence of size, type, morphology, position and loading
- N. Hrabe, NIST Boulder, USA - Effect of internal porosity, anisotropic grain morphology, and crystallographic texture on fatigue crack growth rate of additively manufactured (EBM-PBF) titanium alloy (Ti-6Al-4V)
- N. Shamsaei, Auburn University, USA - Fatigue of additively manufactured materials: design allowables and defect criticality
An exhibition will be run throughout the whole conference. Coffee breaks and poster sessions will be held close to the exhibition area. Are you interested in supporting the symposium and in presenting your company/institute? Please feel free to contact us for any questions or proposals regarding your ideas and company’s presentation.
Join us and inform yourself about the Fatigue Desing and Materials Defects!