The symposium Euro BioMAT 2019, 08.-09. May 2019, addresses the growing interest of science and industry in different aspects of the creation, characterization, testing and application of biomaterials and closely related areas. The motivation is not only the recent scientific progress and new challenges in this exciting, strongly interdisciplinary field of science and engineering. Materials scientists, physicists, chemists, biologists in industrial R&D as well as medical professionals are increasingly facing situations, where materials are confronted with high performance requirements and a challenging biological environment at the same time.
Much of the growth in the area of biomaterials emerged in the USA and Asia over the last years but Europe is gaining ground with a fast and steady growth in this field. The German Materials Society (DGM) and its panel of experts in biomaterials address these developments with the Euro BioMAT 2019 in Weimar.
Euro BioMAT 2019 will present and discuss the current state of progress and novel trends in development, characterization, application, testing and modelling of biomaterials in basic science and industry. In addition, this symposium will bring together experts in closely related areas, such as biomimetics, biomineralization and biopolymers.
The organizers at the DGM feel a need to serve the European biomaterials community beyond other European and world biomaterials congresses with a compact two-day meeting which brings together fascinating science and stimulating people in a delightful setting in historic Weimar in the very heart of Europe.
The programme of the Euro BioMAT 2019 will comprise of several invited plenary lectures as well as oral poster and poster presentations.
The organizers look forward to receiving many contributions for the Euro BioMAT 2019.
The following topics will be discussed:
A Structure and properties of biomaterials:
- A1 Bio-nano materials
- A2 Bioactive materials, bioglass and calciumphosphates
- A3 Biodegradable materials
- A4 Bioinspired materials / biomimetic materials
- A5 Biological materials and biomineralization
- A6 Computational biomaterials science
- A7 Hydrogels and biobased & synthethic polymers
- A8 Imaging of biomaterials
B Biological response to biomaterials:
- B1 Biofilms & antimicrobial biomaterials
- B2 Biocompatibility
- B3 Biointerfaces and microenvironments
- B4 Clinical performance and microenvironments
- B5 Multi-functional biomaterials
C Biomaterials applications:
- C1 Current and future challenges for the MedTech industry
- C2 Dental materials
- C3 Drug and gene delivery
- C4 Innovation in fabrication including 3D printing / additive manufacturing / biofabrication of biomaterials
- C5 Responsive and smart biomaterials
- C6 Tissue engineering / regenerative medicine
D Biopolymer-based biomaterials:
- D1 Special Session „Biopolymer-based biomaterials“
In particular young scientists are very welcome to actively contribute to the conference by submitting an abstract.
To submit your abstract, please click here. Deadline: 12th November 2018.
To download the Call for Abstracts, please click here.
An exhibition will be held in conjunction with the conference. Are you interested in presenting your company/institute and in supporting the Euro BioMAT 2019 conference?
Please feel free to contact us for any questions or proposals regarding your company’s presentation.
Please forward the "Call for Abstracts" and information about the conference to colleagues who might be interested!
We look forward to seeing you in Weimar 2019!
Klaus D. Jandt, Chairman
Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany
Thomas F. Keller, Vice Chairman
DESY Hamburg, Germany