The conference covers recent advances in all areas of biological materials science and, in particular, in the field of bio-inspired materials. Scientists with diverse backgrounds will discuss new results in the field of structure and function of natural materials and the ways in which those may influence the bio-inspired design of engineering materials and systems. The meeting will cover experimental characterization and theoretical modeling of structure-property relations, as well as concepts and strategies for the fabrication of bio-inspired materials with unusual combinations of properties or capabilities to self-assemble, self repair and/or evolve. Because material properties can be critical for the biological function of molecules, tissues and organs, the conference will also address materials science approaches which contribute to some areas of biology or medicine.
The conference will host several invited keynote lectures, oral as well as poster contributions. The conference will be accompanied by two winter schools on related topics (organized by the DFG Research Program SPP1420 und SPP 1569), intended to introduce young scientists to this emerging field.
The deadline for abstracts: 5 November 2013
The program will be developed by the Program Committee in consultation with an International Advisory Board.
- Peter Fratzl, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam
Chairman of the Conference
- Joachim Bill, University of Stuttgart
- Andreas Bührig-Polaczek, RWTH Aachen
- Michaela Eder, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam
- Helge Fabritius, Max Planck Institute for Iron Research, Düsseldorf
- Claudia Fleck, Technical University Berlin
- Stanislas N. Gorb, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel
- Yael Politi, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam
- Thomas Speck, Botanic Garden of the University of Freiburg
- Paul Zaslansky, Julius Wolff Institute, Charité, Berlin
- Cordt Zollfrank, Technical University Munich, Straubing
Join us and inform youself on the latest rapidly developing bio-inspired materials science!
An exhibition will be run throughout the whole conference. Are you interested in supporting the Euro Bio-inspired 2014 conference and in presenting your company/institute? Please feel free to contact the Exhibition Office, Alexia Ploetz (INVENTUM GmbH , Phone: +49 (0) 151 2122 7448, e-mail: email@example.com) for any questions or proposals regarding your company’s presentation.
I'm looking forward to receiving your contribution!
Chairman of the Conference, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam, Germany