Goals of the visit
A trip of 15 students of engineering disciplines related to the materials science and engineering and belonging to different universities in Argentina was organized for the following purpose:
- impart knowledge on current state of hot topics in materials science and engineering (surface structuring, biomaterials, advanced 3D characterization, ferroelectric materials)
- promote the exchange between Argentinean and German students through participating in the "Nachwuchsforum" of the German Society for Materials (DGM), the MSE 2018 meetings with students at the different universities and joint excursions with German students.
- promote the interest of students in the research fields of Materials Science and Engineering through talks from experts and visits of research facilities at the different universities and participating in the international conference of Materials Science and Engineering MSE 2018.
- promote the exchange between Argentinean and German universities, based on strong cooperation that already exist between some of the participating institutions.
- promote the exchange between the Argentinean and German Societies of Materials.
- enabling Argentinean students a better insight of economic, political and cultural life in Germany through the visits of cities, industry, a museum and specific talks at the institutions.